If we want our stories to be the best they can be, being earnest isn’t enough. We need to know how to :
- Plot a great story that will appeal to today’s readers
- Create engaging characters
- Describe clearly for maximum emotional impact
- Write great dialogue
- Bring the story to a satisfactory conclusion
- Get the balance right between narrative, dialogue and description
- Draw readers in to the story from the first paragraph.
That’s why I set up the Write for a Reason course, for writers who want to check they are on the right path with their novel. In just seven weeks we look at all these essential criteria for a great novel – and we also look at including a spiritual element to the story without being preachy.
This writing course could be for you if:
- You want to start writing a story, but don’t know where to start
- You are stuck in the middle of a story
- You have an unfinished manuscript tucked away in a folder somewhere making you feel guilty (or more than one!)
- You are willing to spend time on your writing
- You are writing for a reason
- You’re in the middle of a story and want to check you’re on the right track
- You realise you need a bit of help
- You love writing!
If it’s not for you right now, no worries, I hope you will still enjoy the weekly writing tips. 🙂
Looking forward to getting to know some of you on the course next week (we always have lots of fun!),