Registration for the Write for a Reason Academy is now OPEN!
By the end of the course you will be buzzing with exciting ways to breathe life into your stories… PLUS you will have a complete story plan for your next novel!
If you are writing to share the good news of Jesus in some way, your novel will already be extra special, because it has eternal value, but the better written it is, the more children will read and enjoy it!
Isn’t that what we want?
In the parable of the talents, the servants who received the gifts had to put them to work… the servant who buried his talent was in trouble – don’t let that be you!
Most writers struggle on alone hoping (doubting?) their writing is good enough, but, as with any field of life, a little bit of training, support and encouragement can work wonders. Would someone called to be a counsellor start counselling without first getting some training?
- Get some training to help you with your story structure!
- Get confident in your ability to write!
- Overcome the overwhelm!
- Be the novelist you dream of being!
- Inspire the children you love with your stories!
“Thank you for taking the time to educate those of us who feel we have a story just waiting to erupt from the depths of our souls.”~ Leilanie
This course is for you if you:
- Are new (or new-ish) to writing novels for children/teens…
- Or want to make a start.
- Love creative writing.
- Have a message to share.
- Want to learn some new ideas to help make your stories the best they can be.
- Are willing to put time in to learn your craft (around 3-4 hours a week over the next ten weeks)
This course is NOT for you if:
- You are happy with your novel the way it is.
- You can’t justify the expense right now.
- You can’t make time to spend on a course.
- You are familiar with everything we will be looking at in the course (see below)
“The course has come to an end all too soon. I thank God for you and may he keep this group of writers inspired and enabled in this work for His glory.” – Pam
In this course you will learn everything you need to write a successful novel for children/teens.
The Pre-Course Runway
Purpose: To get ready for the weeks ahead.
Module One: Reaching Your Target Audience
Purpose: To know who you are writing for, and get to know their world.
Module Two: Creating Your Protagonist
Purpose: To create a protagonist (main character) your readers will love and be inspired by.
Module Three: Creating Secondary Characters
Purpose: To create engaging secondary characters.
Module Four: A Look at Narrative Voice
Purpose: To consider all the options and choose your narrative voice for your next story.
Module Five: Weaving in Your Theme
Purpose: To know what your theme is, and how to make your “message” work in the context of your story.
Module Six: Creating the Perfect Setting
Purpose: To choose a great setting for your story, and build your fictional world.
Module Seven: Gripping Beginnings
Purpose: To have a gripping beginning for your story, to draw your readers in.
Module Eight: Satisfying Endings
Purpose: To work out a satisfactory conclusion for your story, that you readers will love.
Module Nine: Conflicts and Resolutions
Purpose: Work out all the terrible things that are going to happen to your characters between your beginning and ending.
Module Ten: Your Complete Story Plan
Purpose: To have a complete story plan in your hands, ready to begin writing your novel in full.
N.B. Each module will include a mixture of teaching and practical assignments. And they’re fun! Yay!
It’s time to invest in your writing!
Click HERE to join the course.
Write for a Reason Academy
- Ten teaching modules
- Writing exercises and assignments
- Membership in a closed Facebook group
- Janet will visit the facebook group, to discuss the material and answer questions
Monthly Payment Package:
£49.00 x 6
- All the course material is the same, whether you choose the ‘monthly pay’ or ‘pay full price now’ option
- The choice is yours!
If you start the Write for a Reason Academy and find it’s not for you by the end of Module Three (as long as you have had a go at the set assignments), let me know, and I will refund your course fees in full.