- Do you write stories for children/young people?
- Are you a Christian?
- Do you want to share the good news of Jesus through your stories?
- Do you struggle to finish stories you have started?
- Or have stories in your head you have not yet begun to write?
- Do you lack self-confidence?
- Do you want to make sure your stories are as good as they can be?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions,
Write for a Reason could be for YOU!
Hello! My name is Janet Wilson, I’m a mum, grandma and founder of Dernier Publishing – we publish fiction written from a Christian perspective for young people.
In my job as publisher, I have learnt a few things about stories, which I would love to pass on to you, to help you achieve your writing goals.
Our young people so badly need stories that will encourage them and inspire them in their faith, share the good news of Jesus, give hope, bring joy.
Whether you read your stories to an audience, print them out for your children, publish on kindle, produce an ebook, self-publish your novel, or get a traditional publishing contract…
If you need any of these…
I hope that together we can help you make your stories the very best they can be.
Remember the parable Jesus told about the talents? (You can read it in Matthew 25.) A master gave his servants talents, and told them to use them well while he was away. The one with five talents, and the one with two talents, put them to work and doubled their money. But the servant with one talent buried his, and we know what happened to him.
The point of the story is, if we have been given a talent, we have to put it to work. That means make an effort!
Have you got an idea for a story you want to write? Will that idea not go away?
What are you going to do about it? However nervous you feel about it, don’t bury your talent. Take action, and take action today.
Maybe a child is waiting to hear your story. Only you can write your story.
You can start right now! Sign up below and straight away you will receive a report I have written specially for you: Ten Easy Ways to Improve Your Manuscript (which is what readers want!). Then I will send you regular writing tips and encouragement, to help you use your talent to the best of your ability, so your story will reach the children/young people on your heart.
You may be wondering why am I doing this.
There are two reasons:
1. Because in the body of Christ we all have different gifts, and I believe this one was given to me.
2. Because I’m passionate about reaching young people with the good news of Jesus through excellent, relevant stories.
So I intend to do the very best I can to help you, and other writers like you, because…
Together we can make a difference!