Writing a Successful Novel Just Got a Whole Lot Easier!
If you are a Christian and new to writing fiction for kids/teens/YAs, you are in exactly the right place.
Janet Wilson, Publisher of Christian Children’s Fiction
Hi! I’m Janet Wilson – I run Writers for a Reason Unite. I’m a mum, grandma and founder of Dernier Publishing (we publish Christian books for kids/teens/YAs).
In my role as a publisher, I have learnt a few things about great novels. I would love to help you make your stories the very best they can be
When you sign up for Writers for a Reason Unite membership, you will gain IMMEDIATE access to encouraging teaching, and interesting writing exercises, to help you make the most of your novel. You will also be assigned to a writing buddy group, where you will meet enthusiastic fellow writers.
My mission?To unite you with other writers, help you write fabulous stories… and get them into your readers’ hands.
Join the Writers for a Reason Unite Membership for immediate access to training, encouragement, advice and support, so you can finish your stories successfully… leaving the drama behind!
(If you want to get stuck straight in, sign up now... if you’d like a bit more information first, please read on!)
This is what current members are saying:
“I am so glad I signed up for Write For a Reason Unite. The value of connecting with other writers when you’re working on a novel just cannot be stressed enough! There have been so many times when my writing buddies have pulled me up when I’ve been finding things hard going and Janet Wilson is always on hand. It’s been such a valuable experience for me. So easy to sign up, with brilliant writing tips, encouragement and support – it’s worth every single penny.” – Angela
“It is lovely to meet with other people full of ideas and sharing similar frustrations.” – Diana
“I had become stuck with how to proceed with my children’s novel until a writing buddy on Write for a Reason Unite suggested a completely new lead-in to the story. I started again following this prompt and am now making steady progress. Being in a small group of very different, yet similarly motivated, writers is a great encouragement.” – Roy
This membership is for you if:
- You get frustrated with your writing
- You suffer with doubts and overwhelm
- You procrastinate
- You would like to get your novel finished faster (or just get it finished!)
- You could use some training and encouragement
- You would love to belong to a group of like-minded Christian writers
- You would appreciate feedback on your novel
- You have questions you’d like to ask a publisher
- You want your stories to reach young people with the good news of Jesus
- You want to honour God with the gift he has given you.
This membership group is packed with practical training, resources, encouragement and fun writing exercises to stretch your writing ability and help you write successful, engaging novels and get them into your readers’ hands.
PLUS the COMMUNITY SUPPORT you need to make sure your novels reach their full potential!
What Do You Get as a Member?
1. Writing Buddy Groups
Our writing buddy groups are awesome: no more struggling on alone! Your writing buddies will help you every step of the way, so you can leave overwhelm and doubts behind.
When you become a member, you are assigned to a small group of up to five people. The buddy groups meet via Zoom twice a month.
In your small group, everyone has equal turn in the ‘hot seat’ – to share a struggle, ask for advice, or read a piece of their work for feedback. It’s exciting to see everyone’s novels moving forwards, week by week!
Encouragement, accountability, fellowship and fun is the name of the game. 🙂
2. Q&A Sessions
Once a month we have a Q&A session. I aim to answer all your questions – or at least, as many of them as possible! So if you want to know about lengths of novels for the different age groups, advice on naming your characters, or anything else, I’m there for you.
Where else can you have access to a publisher for advice? (Plus, I’m a writer in my own right, so I understand your struggles.)
3. Teaching, Inspiration and Encouragement
You have permanent access to inspiring teaching on the Write for a Reason website, exclusively for Writers for a Reason. Every month you will be treated to new inspiration!
4. Writing Assignments
Every month you will be set a practical, thought-provoking assignment, should you choose to accept it… Each of these is designed to help you with your current work in progress.
5. Private Facebook Group
As a Unite member, you will have exclusive access to our private Facebook group, where you can share all your writing joys and sorrows with people who know exactly where you are coming from. 🙂
Write for a Reason Unite Membership
Would any of these be useful?
- Fellowship with other writers
- Twice monthly Zoom writing buddy groups
- Membership in a private Facebook group
- Teaching and writing assignments
- Q&A sessions, bonuses, examples and extras
- Heaps of inspiration and encouragement to get your story DONE!
Is it time to invest in your writing?
HERE’S WHERE YOU SIGN UP:
Prefer to pay in $US? You can do that here.
Why not try our membership for a month, RISK FREE?
We want you to LOVE being part of the Writers for a Reason Unite Community!
If you decide it’s not for you after 30 days, simply cancel your membership and contact me for a full refund.
Still got some questions?
- I’ve only just started writing my novel. Is Writers for a Reason Unite for me? Absolutely! We all need help and encouragement, whatever stage of writing we are at. We were all just starting once. 🙂
- Can I share my membership log in details with a friend? One membership is for one person, but you are very welcome to join with a friend. If you’d both like to be in the same writing buddy group, just ask!
- What days and times are the writing buddy groups? We meet on various weekdays, at different times of day. We will assign you to a writing buddy group at the most convenient time for you.
- What if I can’t attend the Q&A session live? You can submit your question in advance. The sessions are all recorded, so you can access all the information at a time to suit you.
- If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Scroll up to join. See you on the other side!