Hello again Writer Friends. Did you make any new year’s resolutions this year? If you resolved to write every day, but are stuck with your story, here are some ideas for ten minutes of writing to help you keep you on track:
- Write about a fantasy room, just for you
- Write about your most embarrassing moment
- Your house is being lifted off the ground by aliens. What are you going to do?
- Write about something you created yourself, that you are proud of
- Create a heroic character for a mystery adventure (the age of your target readers)
- Digging in the garden, you find a…
- A dragon’s egg has hatched in your local museum. Only you know why…
- Write about a verse of scripture that has moved you recently to encourage your target readers
- A devastating storm has flattened your neighbourhood. Help! Now what?
- Write a dialogue between two cottage dwellers, 100 years apart, who have met in a time warp (the age of your target readers)
Even if you didn’t make a resolution to keep up with your writing, why not work your way through the prompts anyway? You don’t know what might be the result… and it’s all good practice!
Happy writing… and don’t forget to send me your ideas. Always love to hear from you. 🙂
P.S. The Write for a Reason course starts again soon. If you’d like to grow in confidence and in skill, this could be exactly what you are looking for. You will need to put in a fair amount of work, so it’s not for you if you don’t have much time right now. 🙂